Anger Management Psychologist in Sydney
We can react to our Anger in a number of ways: some of us 'explode', some of us 'stew' and others can be better at calming ourselves and problem solving. Anger management is needed when we can’t control our Anger and it leads to us to be aggressive or react in unhelpful ways.
- Unhelpful reactions to Anger can be caused by:
- External events (such as a traffic jam).
- Internal events (such as worry or traumatic memories).
- Passivity and difficulty asserting our needs in a relationship.
- High stress levels.
- Difficulty with self soothing.
- Unrealistically high standards.
Psychological therapy can teach you how to control Anger by assertively expressing your wishes and angry feelings. You can learn how to reduce physiological symptoms of Anger; change your angry thinking patterns; and respond to difficult and frustrating situations in ways that are more effective.