Couples Therapy Sydney
Our Specialist Couples Clinic helps you get the most out of your couples therapy and marriage counselling.
Our sessions run for 1.5 hours, with after hours appointments available, making it easier for a couple to attend therapy and maximise the benefit from their session.
Our Specialist Couples Therapist Lidia Smirnov is trained in the latest and most effective research-based methods of couples therapy and has had many years of experience helping couples resolve their difficulties.
- These methods include:
- The Gottman Method - a practical skill-building approach by globally recognised experts Drs. John and Julie Gottman.
- The Psychobiological Approach to Couple Therapy® (PACT) which uses cutting edge techniques, incorporating neuroscience, biology and theories of attachment.
- Get effective help for:
- Conflict and communication difficulty.
- Sexual difficulty.
- Loss of love, intimacy and connection.
- Loss of trust.
- Difficulty with in-laws and extended family.
- Difficulty agreeing on important decisions.
- Commitment issues.
- Insecurity and jealousy.
- Differences in attitudes towards time management, finances or chores.
Whether you ultimately decide to stay together, or agree to separate, couples therapy can help you identify and avoid repeating unhelpful patterns of behaviour, contributing to better relationships in the future.
1.5 hour sessions cost $305 during work hours and $335 after hours. Please note that you can't claim a Medicare rebate for couples therapy.